Theme

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

TUTORIAL: Golden hints of Blue

 Hello again,
Waking up knowing you have work could be such a drag. But to make your day a bit more exciting you could experiment with your makeup! This is my look that i created before going to work today. If you want to know how to recreate my eye makeup keep reading!
1. I first primed my lids with a matte beige Revlon cream shadow. TIP #1: This is a substitute for eye shadow primer. The sticky consistency acts as a perfect base for powdered shadows to make them last longer and make the colour appear more vibrant.
2) Using a shadow brush, i took a gold shimmer shadow from my Sephora palette and applied it from the inner corner to the mid lids.
3) I took a dark navy blue shadow from the same palette, and using a crease brush applied it on the 'outer v' of my eyes and blended it with the gold.
4) To make the blue more visible, i applied an aqua shadow on the middle of the lids.
5) I used a blue eyeliner and tight lined both bottom and top lashes.
TIP #2: By tight lining the top lashes, it makes your lashes appear fuller and thicker!
6) I took a Physicians Formula duo black liquid liner and lined the top keeping it as close to the lash line as possible. I increased the width of the liner as i moved closer to the outer lids. This creates the illusion of almond shaped eyes.
7) I curled my lashes, and applied Voluminous mascara to my top lashes and a bit on the bottom lashes.
TIP #3: For thin lashes, you should wiggle the mascara wand at the base of the lashes, then blink! Surprising i know, but this applies an even, thick coat on the lashes without clumps!
8) I took a matte white shadow and highlighted under my brows and on the inner corners of my eyes.
9) I took a clean brush and blended any harsh edges for a softer look.
Until next time, xox,
Krisstiii

No comments:

Post a Comment