Some say you can tell a lot about a person from the appearance of their nails. So, why not pamper them up once in a while with these simple tips!
● Like the rest of your body, your nails need enough minerals and nutrients for healthy growth. Great minerals for your nails include Silicon (most important!), Horsetail, Rosemary, Aloe Vera, Ginkgo, Zinc, vitamin E, C and D.
● One thing to remember is to pay attention to your overall health. If your insides are not healthy with it will take effect on your outside appearance (hair, skin and nails).
● There are some exceptions, where people just have naturally weak nails. In this case I advise strengthening serums, cuticle oils and letting your nails breathe 3 days a week.
● Drink lots of water. This will keep your hands, cuticles, and fingernails hydrated. Fingernails absorb water 100 times faster than skin, so they lose water extremely fast causing brittle and weak nails.
● Believe it or not but when you use a nail clipper, it creates a tiny breakage in your nails that make your fingernails more prone to chipping and even peeling. Instead, file (preferably with a glad flier because it’s less damaging) your nails down once a week for well maintained nails. However if you must cut them the best time would be while they are wet because it’ll soften the exterior and make it easier to cut with less force.
Until next time, xoxo,