Before the tutorial, I want to explain the three main causes of under eye circles:
1) Hyperpigmentation: When your skin contains large amounts of Melanin which causes natural darkness in certain areas of your skin.
2) Age: As you age, the delicate skin under your eyes starts to thin which exposes the blue-ish veins underneath causing the bruise-like appearance.
3) Poor Circulation: This is when one has poor blood flow which restricts the amount of water circulating to the eyes. This causes the skin under the eyes to appear puffier. However, puffiness under the eyes could also be hereditary.
Now enough background info, let's get started on how to cover up these dark circles!
2. Use a brightening concealer cream and place it on the inner corners of the eye and the eye lids to cover up any visible veins. I use a mauve cream concealer in the Quo Colour Corrector Palette. The lilac colour really takes the attention from the contrasting colour of dark purple found under the eyes.
3. Take a pure white shimmery eye shadow and place it on top of where you applied the brightening cream. To add extra oumph add the eyeshadow under the brow bone. The shimmer will bring light to the eyes. I like to use a clean lip brush to apply this because it is perfectly shaped for small areas.
Hope this helped! Tell me what you think and leave a comment below :)
Until next time xoxo,
|My personal experiment :)|