2011 has just flown by! Here are my beauty must haves...
-Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy. It has just the right amount of floral and fruity scents that creates a very fun and feminine perfume. My biggest pet peeve for perfumes are that they disappear right when the wind hits me, however THIS perfume literally attaches to your clothing and stays put!
Favourite Hair Products
- Live Clean Leave in Conditioner is by far the most softening, non-greasy conditioning spray i have ever tried! It has extracts of argan oil that seals in the moisture, gives your hair a healthy shine while protecting it from UV rays! And its organic, what more could we ask for?!
- John Frieda Root Booster spray really helps my flat, thin hair appear more voluminous and thick. This spray claims to thicken your strands and lifts the roots, and it really does!
Favourite Makeup Brushes
- Elf Studio Brushes have helped my application become much more flawless and fast. Which are my 2 favourite adjectives with describing my morning makeup routine. In particular, I love the Blush Brush, Small Smudge Brush and Eyeshadow C Brush!
- Elf Studio Endless Eyes Pro Eyeshadow Pallet is my go to pallet. It has such a wide range of vibrant shadows and everyday neutrals that you could have fun with when putting on your makeup.
-Revlon Cream Eyeshadows have been a favourite of mine ever since i first started wearing makeup! They have a great selection and it doesnt crease at all for my slightly oily lids. When i apply a thin coating prior to powder shadows, i noticed that it limited fall out and made them appear truer in colour.
Favourite Liquid Foundation
- Mary Kay TimeWise Matte-Wear Liquid Foundation is so light that i find myself reaching for this when i go to work, evening outings and even more formal occasions because of its medium coverage! This combine with a stippling brush and im good to go!
Favourite Powder Foundation
- Mac Sheer/Loose Powder Foundation gives my skin such an even complexion that sometimes i dont even use liquid foundation beneath it! It is so light that it is buildable without the cakey appearance. This foundation has lasted me seasons, and i just cant get enough of it!
- Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller has been my saviour for those late night study periods. It contains caffeine and lemon which help reduce puffiness and "wakes up" the eyes. There are also light mineral pigments so it acts as a concealer as well.
- Mary Kay Concealer is perfect for those blemishes, redness or dark circles that need more intense coverage! It doesnt make my face dry, its easily blended AND it doesnt budge throughout the day. This is by far my favourite concealer!
- Benefit High Beam is a liquid highlight which creates a dewy highlight that is perfect for the cheekbones. I was pretty sceptical about this because i am a fan of matte faces but recently i have grown to love the magic of highlighters!
- Quo Concealer Pallet. I use the purple cream shade on my inner eyes, under my brows and above the cupids bow to instantly highlight these key areas. I find the purple really compliments my fair skin and brightens it very nicely! I also use the mint green shade to counteract any redness or veins that normally occur on my lids. I apply this especially on my inner lids to highlight and bring more attention to my eyes.
- Two Faced Snow Bunny Blush really surprised me! It was given by my beautiful sister and my first impression was wow thats A LOT of sparkle, i would not be able to pull this off. But because of my reason excitement for cheek highlights i thought the shimmer and white shade might look nice. So i took just one swipe over all the colours then blended them all together in circular motion from my apples to my temples. and wow.. it really made my cheeks glow! And with the bronze colour, it acted as a 3in1 powder; contour, highlight, blush!
- Estee Lauder Tender Blush has been the first blush that convinced my how big of an impact blush can have to a makeup look! It is so pigmented and very true to the colour you see in the pallet. So if you are looking to invest in a high quality matte blush, you have found it!
- Pur Bronzer gives a nice, natural looking contour to my cheekbones. Since it looks so natural, i also apply it along my jawbone, chin, and the top of my forehead for a nice overall glow.
Favourite Lip Liner
- Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner. Lip liner normally scares people because they dont want that intense drawn on lip look, however this liner is so blendable and it gives such a full look that i would choose to wear just this than an actual lip colour! I specifically love the colour Addiction.
- Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple is such a pretty, wearable red with a tint of orange. What i love most about it is how buildable it is! So it doesnt always have to be bright red but you could apply it so you just have a light wash of red to your lips. And the rumours are true.. it IS moisturizing!!
Now we have reached the end! Heres to another amazing year :) Lets make it count